King Family

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One of My Favorite Things

So my "Blue Sticker Day" turned into more of a "Blue Sticker Weekend!" I ended up spending the night at my mom's house with the girls and Alex went home so he could go to work! So Saturday morning mom and I went to JoAnn fabrics and got stuff to make the girls' Easter dresses! Then Jen and I went to see Dear John later that afternoon! After that I went back to her house to help her set up a baby cradle. When I got back to my mom's house I realized that my purse was no where to be found! Kristine and I searched the house a million times and called Jen to see if I had left it in her car or at her house. Nothing! So I went home hoping it would turn up. At 10:40 that night the Butte County Sheriff came and knocked on my door! Someone had turned my wallet in to the Idaho Falls Police Department! SoI got to drive back to town AGAIN to pick it up! I guessI left it on top of Jenny's car when we went over to her house! Genious right?!

Any way likeI said I picked out fabric for the girls' dresses on Friday and I actually got them all cut out yesterday! So I got my sewing machine out today so I could start working on them. My sewing machine is very special to me, it is one of my favorite things I own! When Kymber was maybe a month old the UPS man dropped a package off at my house. I was confused because I hadn't ordered anything, but sure enough it was addressed to me! I opened it and inside was white and blue sewing machine! Now I was really confused! I called my mom to see if she had bought it for me and she said that she hadn't. In the bottom of the box I found an invoice with my grandpa's name on it. Turns out that he thought that since I had a little girl that I needed a sewing machine so I could make her dresses! It really touches me that he thought of me. I have made a total of 4 (soon to be 6) little dresses and 5 halloween costumes on my sewing machine! So thank you so much grandpa! It is probably the best gift I have ever recieved and I will cherish it forever!

1 comment:

  1. Loved your post, Michelle. It is so nice to hear about your life with your cute little family. Pretty cool surprise, too!

    ReplyDelete