King Family

Monday, February 28, 2011

"Get over your issues!"

On Saturday I had the amazing opportunity to listen to Sis. Julie B. Beck speak. She is the General Relief Society President for the Church, for those of you didn't know, and she was in Rexburg for a Regional Conference! I almost didn't go! I felt like i haden't seen my husband in forever, and leaving Arco at 7:30am when, usually, I'm not even out of bed by 8:30? Well not my idea of a good time! But when my Mother and Siter in law came to pick me up some how i was ready to go!

She didn't really have a prepared talk! She invited those of us in the audience, to ask her any questions we had regarding the gospel. There were many questions and many good answers! I got many things out of the meeting, but the thing that stuck with me the most was this:




"Get over your issues!
God doesn't care about your issues!"

This was her response to a sister's question about visiting teaching! Crazy right? I know it sounds harsh, and we all know that our Heavenly Father loves us, but it's so true! It doesn't matter if you don't get along with your companion or the sisters you teach, you may think you don't have time, but get over it and just do it! I think we can apply this to so many areas of our life. I need to get over my issues and do the things my Heavenly Fater needs me to do! So I challenge you all to "Get over your issues!" {Sorry this is kind of a random post in the middle of my posts about 2010!}

1 comment:

  1. Never apologize for randomness! That is how we come to understand and appreciate how your mind works. I have heard only amazing things about Sister Beck's meeting. My girls are raving about it, as well.

    ReplyDelete